Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Well after posting this thread and reading a bit more about the two, I came to the conclusion of, if it ain't broken don't fix it. Bio-pellets seems to be dangerous, from what I read and from what a few of you guys have said, they can crash a perfectly healthy tank. Now my tank it's not perfect, but my corals are growing, and seem healthy, my water parameters are where they should be. The only thing that I don't like is diatoms that I have to scrape twice a week from the glass. Granted I have easy to keep corals, the only "hard to keep"coral is a birdnest coral that is growing and shows its blue color. The only thing that I do on my tank is I add kent par A and B for nano aquarium, and weekly water changes. The tank seems fine, which is why, i say if it ain't broken don't fix it. Why add any type of reactors or any other "gimmicks" if the tank is fine the way it is?

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Well after posting this thread and reading a bit more about the two, I came to the conclusion of, if it ain't broken don't fix it. Bio-pellets seems to be dangerous, from what I read and from what a few of you guys have said, they can crash a perfectly healthy tank. Now my tank it's not perfect, but my corals are growing, and seem healthy, my water parameters are where they should be. The only thing that I don't like is diatoms that I have to scrape twice a week from the glass. Granted I have easy to keep corals, the only "hard to keep"coral is a birdnest coral that is growing and shows its blue color. The only thing that I do on my tank is I add kent par A and B for nano aquarium, and weekly water changes. The tank seems fine, which is why, i say if it ain't broken don't fix it. Why add any type of reactors or any other "gimmicks" if the tank is fine the way it is?

good choice. if eventually you have issues, you can address them then. :) Keep it simple and this hobby can treat you well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: