Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
i like the idea of 'zones' in one tank as well- my ideal tank would be a nice large cube (like the oregonreef.com one...) with spot lighting over SPS zones and the rest of the tank LPS and softies...

I think a tide pool tank would be sweet as well- i've always liked the idea of a touch tank like they have in aquariums...

Imagine if one of us won that huge powerball the other week- could you imagine the sweet setups he/she would end up with????

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
i consider mine like a semi Terrace and flat bed
acropora SP mainly with some encrusting montis over some parts of the rock
located by the edge and crevises it turns into a small slop where my pumps block light and flow, where it becomes a LPS zone.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Deano, great article. Steven is definitely a Pro in this hobby and well respected at that (bad attempt at humor). My reef wall biotope is one of those things I wanted to do that was outside the box.

Thanks for the link,
Russ

drperetz

No more big tanks
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
... my next tank will prob

As soon as I upgrade my tank I will commit to sticking with
Sub Terrace

"On many reefs there is a terrace below the algal ridge. In this zone we often find stout fire corals which are able to withstand the wave surge and strong currents which characterize this area.
Here surgeon fishes and parrotfishes rove over the submarine terrace grazing on benthic algae.
As we move down the slope from the submarine terrace, we find increasing coral cover and fishes that prefer areas of rich coral growth.
Strong current influenced by tidal action and breaking of waves. The growth of coral is very dense in this zone."

And ofcourse I want most corals to me hermatypic. LOL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: