• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
It's one of a number of products the converts ammonia and nitrite to less harmful nitrate when you're first starting out. I've never used this product but products like this do work. It's good for Fish only type tanks, as it lets you place fish in the tank right away and it converts the ammonia and nitrite to nitrate which otherwise would have killed the fish. It good in the sense that you can load the tank up and not worry and in time the bacteria system will build up and take over. It's a very good safe net.

Now it maybe good for fish only type tanks but it's not really good for reef tank. For a reef tank you don't want to have nitrates either, which these type of products do produce. So if you plan on doing a reef tank you really don't want to use this product. Basically just add you LR & sand and let the tank go through a normal cycle and then start to add things.

Last edited:

MikesReef

Bread Of Life
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
It's one of a number of products the converts ammonia and nitrite to less harmful nitrate when you're first starting out. I've never used this product but products like this do work. It's good for Fish only type tanks, as it lets you place fish in the tank right away and it converts the ammonia and nitrite to nitrate which otherwise would have killed the fish. It good in the sense that you can load the tank up and not worry and in time the bacteria system will build up and take over. It's a very good safe net.

Now it maybe good for fish only type tanks but it's not really good for reef tank. For a reef tank you don't want to have nitrates either, which these type of products do produce. So if you plan on doing a reef tank you really don't want to use this product. Basically just add you LR & sand and let the tank go through a normal cycle and then start to add things.

Thank you, now I know where my Nitrates came from and kill some of my reef. It when right to the roof. 50ppm or more i did a lot of water change and now I'm down to about 20 to 30 ppm. any other things I should look out for now that this was input into my tank, stuppppppppid, me why didn't i just waite. The INSTURTIONS in the BOX told me it would be good for my tank AND REMOVE Nitrates, but didn't say anything about reef tanks......thank you for the info.......I quest keep the wayer changes going into it comes down....and start all over with a new cycle...help . I quest we learn by our mistakes.......:irked:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: