Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a bird's nest a few weeks ago for my 28 gallon nano reef and one part of the coral looks like it is dying, But the rest of the coral looks great. I have metal halide lights and my water quality is fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help in advance

Last edited:

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
take a picture, and when corals RTN or start to peel away and die, The rest of it tends to look fine and healthy most of the time as it keeps on dying.

Pictures? what are your exact water parameters? anything stinging it? what fish do you have? ect...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will take a picture when I get home.

I have a peppermint shrimp, mandarin, clown fish. Various zoos, palys, mushrooms, LPS, SPS etc but Nothing near it to sting it. Ammonia:0; Nitrite:0; PH 8.3; Phosphate: .01; Nitrate-0; Calcium 420-450; Alkalinity - 4.0

Thanks for the help

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I will take a picture when I get home.

I have a peppermint shrimp, mandarin, clown fish. Various zoos, palys, mushrooms, LPS, SPS etc but Nothing near it to sting it. Ammonia:0; Nitrite:0; PH 8.3; Phosphate: .01; Nitrate-0; Calcium 420-450; Alkalinity - 4.0

Thanks for the help
are you sure it's a peppermint and not a camel back very hard to tell the difference. I've seen LFS list camel backs as peppermint.
they will eat your corals

Attachments

• Peppermint_Shrimp_ps.jpg
    Peppermint_Shrimp_ps.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 126
  • camelback.jpg
    camelback.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 129

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: