• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hello All

So it seems like a fish regal tang I added (without qt) on Saturday afternoon may be showing some signs of ICH. I only have 2 other clowns in the tank with him. I see some small white spots on the side of the tang. My question is it too late to QT the tang now? is it likely that the ich if it is even that has spread to my rock and sand? Should I throw together a qt as quick as possible and QT all fish? or just monitor the situation and see where it goes.. Needless to say i am going to start a QT and will properly qt moving forward. I was excited to add new fish and it was a bad idea... lesson learned. Just trying to figure out what the best step forward is.... this is a mixed reef tank

Thanks.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
I am going to say that you put it in a separate tank without medication and a place to hide.

monitor the fish for a week or two, if it has ich the fish will not flash nor show much until it acclimates.

Monitor the fish, if after two weeks, sooner or after you confirm ich, medicate.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Varieties of good quality food, algae sheets, cleaners fish or shrimp, good water quality, and do not stress the fish.
Moving the fish to another tank could be the kiss of death at this point.
As long as it is healthy and in a well maintained tank you should be fine.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Thanks for the advice. So spots on the tang are gone. But I did notice a spot on one of my clowns. All the fish are moving around well and behaving normally. I am going to keep a close eye on this. Put some filter pads in the sump to seed for qt tank of it gets to that point.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: