T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
good. then im not surprised that ur not familiar with what u can do with one beyond whats written on the side of the box.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
thats nothing special... im sorry but blackberrys can do only a quarter of what iphones and smartphones can do. becides text, calls, internet, email, camera, video...what does it have that can even compare to a smartphone or iphone?

blackberries are like old computers with DOS. everything was the boring Courier New font. a simple background color with dif. color font. pretty much a blackberry. years ago when they came out, yeah it was cool...and so was DOS. take the blackberry marketplace... that has to be the most plain and simple style market out there. and BBM? a dedicated server for only black berries to send text messages? thats coollll..... kinda the same as a basic text message right? whats so special? my girlfriend has a blackberry and thought it was so cool and all. she liked the BBM thing too and was like ohh its like AOL kinda and i can take pictures of my friends blackberry code or whatever. that kinda confused me because isnt a aol style chat... the same as text messaging except for the annoying opening and closing of a door when people sign on or off? lets just say she thought it was cool, until she picked up my htc incredible back in may and realized her cute blackberry really is not so cool.

and "cute graphics and animations"? thats an entire UI program. something blackberries will never come close to... those "cute" graphics are the future of electronic software programming.

let me see someone like a corperate user take a blackberry and open up a exel program or word program or some powerpoint real quick on a blackberry and be able to not only see it because of its low pixel color screen, but easily be able to correct errors on it or quickly breif over it for quick information on stats or whatever. then let me see them grab an iphone or smartphone and do the same job. that blackberry will be thrown out a window once they see what smartphones capibility are when it comes to something like that.

and finally... the blackberry keyboards are made for toddlers fingers. lets be honest, most of us are men here, and if your like me, your fingers are not really pencil thin, more like little sausages. tell me how your going to type anything. at least palm is getting the picture and putting a nice space between all their letters or making the keys larger...

im sure blackberrys will never completely fad away, they will be around for a long time... (as long as they copy ideas from apple or android and dont get caught!)

Hopefully with RIM buying The Astonishing Tribe, they'll get a complete, and much need, UI overhaul.

I can agree to everything you said to a certain extent. But the fact of the matter is security control. I haven't delve far into Activesync administration yet, but as a BES admin, I can remote nuke Blackberries if needed, or several hundred if needed via VBScript. You may or may not care about those capabilities, but in the corporate world; financial institutes that need to be Sarbanes-Oxley or HIPPA compliant (any CISSPs in the house?) for the medical field, these security measures are required. But still who cares, you say? If you had a bank account and your financial data is sitting on one disgruntled employee's, that just happened to be terminated, Blackberry. You would care. Why do we need to lock down cameras on phones? What about that sleazy guy that just walked into the men's bathroom with a stack of financial records, including yours? He's clicking away with his 16GB SDHC card and sending it to his friend via SMS. Identify theft is a big business.

For the person not in a field that requires compliancy or care about the featuresets that comes with an enterprise product, sure iPhone and Androids will be more suitable. Afterall, who the hell wants to play Brickbreaker all day long?

I just swapped to Droid X 2 months ago, and been testing Activesync via Touchdown. So far so good! Maybe next year, at the request of one of my clients, I can start rolling out iOS/Android devices. At which time i'll look into how to remote manage these devices.

To each their own, all these devices serves their purpose for each application. RIM isn't disappearing fast...

Last edited:

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
good. then im not surprised that ur not familiar with what u can do with one beyond whats written on the side of the box.

for your information i use to be a writer and newsletter on the side for a few phone forum sites for about 2 years, i dont read the outside of the box, i go a little farther then that.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
im glad for u.....however if u really did "go beyond that" then u wouldnt have said this

let me see someone like a corperate user take a blackberry and open up a exel program or word program or some powerpoint real quick on a blackberry and be able to not only see it because of its low pixel color screen, but easily be able to correct errors on it or quickly breif over it for quick information on stats or whatever.
ive read, edited and written papers from my blackberry. and i have also worked on excel documents.

the BB may not be the most user friendly but dont knock it just cause u couldn't figure something out.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
widdy, making your own IOS? that would be pretty cool. i know there are alot of little ones on the side people make that are rooted, but most are garbage. im excited for KITEUI.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
widdy, making your own IOS? that would be pretty cool. i know there are alot of little ones on the side people make that are rooted, but most are garbage. im excited for KITEUI.

Oh no... I can't code for jack. I meant rolling out, as replacing Blackberries with either IOS or Android devices. Unfortunately, like you, many people don't want Blackberry as their primary phones, nor pay for one. So it has to come from the company... with current financial climates, a lot of less security conscious companies are going the ways of iPhones/Droid since chances are their employees already owns one.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
im glad for u.....however if u really did "go beyond that" then u wouldnt have said this

ive read, edited and written papers from my blackberry. and i have also worked on excel documents.

the BB may not be the most user friendly but dont knock it just cause u couldn't figure something out.

alright bud, your so smart with it... great. ill throw my towel in and leave it alone because im glad you know it all. but if your a manager at some cell phone place and sayin black berries are so great, then im sorry for all the people you help and surprised your not working for circuit city... have fun with your BBM and ill have fun with TiKi.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
alright bud, your so smart with it... great. ill throw my towel in and leave it alone because im glad you know it all. but if your a manager at some cell phone place and sayin black berries are so great, then im sorry for all the people you help and surprised your not working for circuit city... have fun with your BBM and ill have fun with TiKi.
wow ok, i don't know if u noticed this thread was created by me to invite those that have BB to join a group. you obviously don't have a blackberry. you came in acting like your phone is the best, and i'm glad you like it. however i never said bb were the best all i'm saying if you haven't had one for very long and didn't read up on them thoroughly (which u didn't cause then u would have chosen any other BB besides the storm) don't go picking fights...good day.

Sent from my Blackberry BOLD :tongue1:

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What the eff did I just stir up? hahahaha...

Sorry DLo...

C'mon BB users join the MR BBM Group!!!

Btw.. trying to find a BBM like app that will allow for group talk amongst Blackberry, Android, and iPhone users..

Found this so far...

http://www.whatsapp.com/

Just don't know if it has "groups" integrated into it...

lol its all good stan welcome to MR where everyone is an expert, as for a cross-OS app so far none of them have a group function. i use kik, and its OK lol its not BBM but i dont want to open another can o' worms :tongue1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: