OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
To answer your question turn them on right after your halides go off. My lights are automated... I have mine on a timer to go on with my sump light. On 11:00pm off at 11:00am then my actinics go on from 11:00AM- Off at 3:00PM Then the MH go on from 2:30pm - 10:30Pm while the actinics go back on at 6:00pm-11:00pm and thus repeating the cycle.

Last edited:

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you get the right spectrum, there not just for show, corals spawn in that light, but it has to be the right spectrums, some LEDs are garbage.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
To answer your question turn them on right after your halides go off. My lights are automated... I have mine on a timer to go on with my sump light. On 11:00pm off at 11:00am then my actinics go on from 11:00AM- Off at 3:00PM Then the MH go on from 2:30pm - 10:30Pm while the actinics go back on at 6:00pm-11:00pm and thus repeating the cycle.

wow that's a high amount(quantity-time) of light.....9 hrs. of actinics, 8 hrs. of mh.......do you have any algae problems?

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
wow that's a high amount(quantity-time) of light.....9 hrs. of actinics, 8 hrs. of mh.......do you have any algae problems?
Not at all, I do however have to clean my DT front glass every 4 -5 days when I notice spots. I believe this is normal practice with MH though. My lights are hanging and are 6" from the top of the water surface. Didn't mean to hijack.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: