NMreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The interference is probably coming from the ballasts and not the bulbs! Maybe??? If so, any electrical supply store will have the inline filters. I have 3 blueline MH's and don't have that problem, that's to weird!

Phillip

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must have the 400 watters. I've heard they interfere with radio signals. I've got the 175W Bluelines and don't have any trouble.

I'd call Champion Lighting and ask them. They'll probably have an answer for you.

HTH

Reeffreak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently installed two BlueLine MH on my new 90G system and have run into problems. When the lights are on they interfere with the radio and cable television. Please help!

I have read some other posts about this particular problem and I guess the solution is to install some sort of filter on the line. Now here are the questions......

1. What line do I have to install the filter?
2. What type of filter is this?
3. Where can I buy these?

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Reeffreak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys.

I do think the interference is coming from the ballasts and not the bulbs. I also do have the 400W lights. It is even causing interference on TVs that are not in the same room as the tank. This happens, I think cause the main cable line runs right behind the tank.

So with this inline filter do I have to splice this into the electrical line of the ballast? Do I place this after the ballast? before?

Steve

Jason Day

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird,

I am running one 400Watt blueline ballast. I've only noticed interferance once on my TV. But it seems to have gone away.

For some reason when I run my ICecap ballast, my fuse box makes a buzzing sound.
icon_eek.gif

Talk to you later.

Jason

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeffreak--from what I understand, the interference is not due to the proximity of the cable line to your TV. It's caused by radio interference going into your house wiring. Kinda like the static you get on the TV when there is lightning.

I may be wrong on this, but that's what I've heard. I'd seriously call the place where you bought the ballasts and see what they recommend--this is a very common problem with the 400 watt eballasts.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a real shame that after you get gouged for the damn E-ballast they dont bother to put in about $2 worth of shielding. Thats one of the reasons why this ballast sucks. Heh you pay more money to get less light and then you cant even watch your T.V. when your tank is on....(hmmmm would get me watching my tank more) I would call up the manufacturer and ask them how to fix it. I am sure they have gotten hundreds of other calls about this same problem.

Chris

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: