Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So per the WTB thread my 75g decided to leak at the seam of the tank this morning unexpectedly. Well after calling about 10 different places trying to find a tank I'd like, finally ocean gallery came through!

I picked up a 48 x 24 x 13 tank that puts it right around 60g. All the equipment is carried over from my 75g before it started leaking. I must say though these tanks are gorgeous, I definitely love the shallow look and the 24 inch depth is amazing!

Anyway here is an initial picture, I scraped off the logo and am waiting for the water to clear. In total it took me about 6 hours by myself, so not too bad.

60g.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
lmao thanks for coming by Joe, you saved me twice today big time!

In a year or so once my finances are stable enough to afford to buy ALL the equipment in one shot I might consider a 72 x 36 x 25, but idk how much longer I'll be living here, trying to buy a house in 5 years like I said :P.

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
1) i love long tanks

2) i love that rockwork in the pic with the powder blue tang. think u should keep it that way

cant wait to see more pics!

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
1.) Thanks it is a shallow tank 48 x 24 x 13, eventually once money and everything is in order I'm going to do a 72 x 36 x 21 tank.
2.) Thanks the rock is from reefrocks.net and I love it!

I originally had a 75g tank and that started leaking at the seam last monday so I had to go out and buy a new tank. I picked up the deep blue frag tank from ocean gallery. They make it in a 48 x 24 x 18, but they did not have it in stock :/.

The powder blue is from reef fixations and is a healthy SOB! He is eating like a pig mysis, brine shrimp, rod's food (seaweed), pellets etc.

Currently I have:

1. Powder blue
2. 2 x Orange shoulder back fairy wrasse
3. a pistol/yasha goby (no idea where).

In the coming month or two I'll add 2 clowns and then maybe a few anthias eventually, but otehrwise given the size of the powder blue he will be my show fish. I know the tang police will say a 48 x 24 tank is not a good size for him, but he is small and I do plan on upgrading in a year or so. He is healthy and does not display any agression towards his tank mates nor do I have a lot of rock. He is able to swim throughout the tank and seems happy enough since he likes to do figure 8s around the rocks.

I just got done setting up my apex lite and I must say it was VERY easy, I don't know if my background in java from HS helped or if my experience with the RKL helped, but it was EASY!

The only thing left to do as far as equipment to this tank is I want to get some float valves and let my apex control top off. I have a JBJ ATO, but would feel more comfortable using the apex.

I might try to incorporate it so that my apex uses the JBJ and then only turns the outlet on for like 5 minutes every 2 hours. idk I'll see.

I would like to add dosing pumps eventually once I get some more corals in the display, but otherwise this tank will stay how it is for at least a year.

I'm just glad to be DONE with all the equipment and can enjoy it.

I'm mixing up 30g of water for a water change tmrw and then from there that is all I plan on really doing to the tanks.

Well I'll post more pictures soon, I have a cannon point and shoot (nothing fancy), but I hope to learn to take good pictures with it. My buddy Anthony (thirty5) takes ridiculous pictures, I'm hoping to bribe him one day to come over and take some for me.

Anyway any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks for your kind words and looking!

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Well it appears my fish have marine velvet as the powder blue is dead and I thought I lost another wrasse, but found it tonight barely moving on the bottom of the tank. I was able to get both wrasses out tonight and moved them to my frag tank. I then moved all my remaining frags into the display. Planning on leaving the display fallow for 6 weeks then run hypo on the frag tank :X

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Well it appears my fish have marine velvet as the powder blue is dead and I thought I lost another wrasse, but found it tonight barely moving on the bottom of the tank. I was able to get both wrasses out tonight and moved them to my frag tank. I then moved all my remaining frags into the display. Planning on leaving the display fallow for 6 weeks then run hypo on the frag tank :X

After 8 weeks of patiently waiting and qt-ing my fish, I finally moved them over!

The count is at:

1. Orange Back fairy wrasse
2. 2 Chromis (lost one in QT)
3. black cap basslet

Going to hopefully get my clowns soon and a few other fish. I'm going to transition from a reef to a fowlr for the time being also.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: