Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
That is crazy. Simply crazy. What type of filtration are you using? What are you feeding?

As far as the comments made about it looking like a representation of a real reef I disagree. Yeah, it is a very interesting assortment of fish but they each have their own niche in a reef and you wouldn't find them all in the same spot in a reef.

You should try to move them sooner than later to your 400gl system.

Keep us posted.

I have prettu heavy water movement with supplementation powerheads that go on at night only. Heavy skimming (probably need to upgrade) and monsterous water changes. I have created a filter pad system similar to what a filter sock would do but it works above the sump and drains the water onto chaeto. I feed these guys everyother day a mixed variety of food but the bulk being silversides that I caught and froze over the summer.

I am not as in a ruch to upgrade as I found a home for one of the female catsharks (she will be in a breeding environment) and the Arabian Bamboo I have isn't much of a swimmer. It will be a fun project in the spring. I have a rediculous custom made quad beckett skimmer for the 400 gallon tank :lol_large

I am a year away from moving into the house and I plan on getting things moving quickly on the ponds then but I am sure I am going to have some hickups on the way and I will not endanger the animals I have until I am comfortable with the setup.

I'll keep everyone posted and in the meantime, share some ideas you may have with me!

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I remember seeing a post on RC of a guy that build a custome made 400gl tank in his house for sharks. It was a massive project.

What kind of pump are you going to use on the skimmer?

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates in the tank? Great fish, great tank but not great togeather. There is so many rocks in that tank it leaves little ground space for the sharks and rays.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If nobody else is going to say it I will. That tank is nothing but cruel and unusual. You have 3 sharks in there that will all grow to about 3' if they are males and a few more if they are females along with 2 cortez rays

I counted 4 sharks? The Arabian, banded and 2 coral catsharks.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. This is one of my favorite tank threads. Its nice to see a thread without a million macro shots of coral. edited

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: