ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Just picked up some Microbacter 7 and wanted to get some input on users with Bare bottom systems and see how effective it is.

Since there is no sand for the bacteria to colonize I'm just wondering how effective it would be for the bacteria to just colonize on the live rock and other surfaces of your tank.

Also would running filter socks be counter productive since these are changed every few days?

Lastly my understanding is that the product lowers ph somewhat and I am thinking of keeping my skimmer instead of turning it off for four hour as the directions indicate.

Input appreciated.

Thanks.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
bac 7 was used right after doing water changes, do not need to turn skimmer off, annd i would suggest emailing Chris with more question's and the purpose that your wanting to use it for, { if you went to macna } you culd have talked to him, he is very nice and knows his products

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thanks NYReefNoob for the response....

Yeah I wish I had been able to escape down to MACNA

I have a small cyano and diatom issue, increasing flow, soaking food, skimming wet and looking into changing the bulbs. I was hoping that MB7 would eventually out compete the cyano...

I still think my diatom outbreak is related to Reef Crystals though....

Was also thinking of vodka dosing/bio fuel down the line but it helps to get an accurate read on your phosphates so I need to invest in a hanna meter....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: