A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you purchase the eggs there are usually (if not always) instructions on how to hatch. However, many aquarists now feel that the nutrition derived from Nauplii is negligible.

Just about any container that can hold water can be used, just don't use something too shallow or you'll have trouble separating hatchlings from shells.

amonhen

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I should have been more descriptive--I've hatched nauplii before. The selling feature of this hatchery is that it was an in-tank hatchery. Add eggs and water, hitch up an air pump and it will release the nauplii into your tank as they hatch. I like the idea of a gradual release of food into the tank, particularly in light of Ron Shimek's recent article about fish food in the natural reefs.

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing will not work in saltwater tanks. It works in freshwater tank because it uses dense salted water in one compartment that hatches the egg, and the saltwater density keeps cysts in that compartment until they are hatched, and allowed to swim to the second freshwater compartment.

It's hard to explain in black and white, but it's a clever design. I never use it, but have helped my LFS set one up in store about a year back.

I don't buy gadgets for hatching artemia, I just use a salt bucket, rigid airline, and a cup of cysts.

Tangboy5000

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this in my refugium and it works great. I did have to super glue the airline to the nozzle to keep it from blowing off but that was no big deal. Now if I could just keep the cardinals away from the overflow long enough for the inverts to capture some of the shrimp. :x

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: