bethzb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't directly access their "feet". They are nicely dug into the rock. Started with one five years ago but it just keeps splitting and after they've killed my clams, a fair number of mushrooms, my birdsnest, etc.... they've got to go. So does their cinnamon clown. If I can I'll even catch the bicolor psuedochromis so I can have shrimp again. Now I've got 1/3 of a 125 with just anemones.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Couple of tricks of the trade:

- try directing a powerhead (not too strong, don't want to damage it) on it. Since they move around looking for the ideal spot, having a new flow on them often times causes them to be unhappy with the new parameters and they'll release their hold on the rock.

or....

- Take an ice cube in a plastic baggie and GENTLY rub it on the foot of the BTA. Again, discomfort will cause it to release its grip and you can then re-home him.

HTH
Russ

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Couple of tricks of the trade:

- try directing a powerhead (not too strong, don't want to damage it) on it. Since they move around looking for the ideal spot, having a new flow on them often times causes them to be unhappy with the new parameters and they'll release their hold on the rock.

or....

- Take an ice cube in a plastic baggie and GENTLY rub it on the foot of the BTA. Again, discomfort will cause it to release its grip and you can then re-home him.

HTH
Russ

+1 I have done this with great success in the past.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: