mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
hi.

yesterday my rose bubble tip (bout 8-9 inches) was stretched out as usual up toward the light, but this time it actually twisted its foot into a knot. it is twisted like 2 turns almost like its trying to cut off circulation to its base.

usually at night it goes in the rock close and sleeps, but this morning it was still out with its foot in a knot.

is it trying to like twist off its foot and split? is it committing suicide? is this not even an issue and i'm freaking out for no reason?

has anyone ever seen/heard of this. thanks i appreciate the help, it is confusing and i don't want anything bad to happen to my nem.

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
i dont know if it is budding or not. i know it did not retract because i stay up late, and it was in the same place when i went to work. when i came home from work and looked, it was untwisted, but when i got home just now it is now knotted around like 5 turns. its insane. it still looks completely healthy and huge which is what makes it weird. i also havent fed anything too large. maybe one of the experts knows something?

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
woke up this morning and it was against the back glass about 99% of the way split. it was ripping itself in half. i got to say wow thats wild. i guess now i have 2. cool. lol

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
here are 2 shots, sorry they are blurry but honestly thats about what my vision looks like anyway at about 7 am.

Attachments

• DSC02077.jpg
    DSC02077.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC02078.jpg
    DSC02078.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 35

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
lol the pics are blurry, its beyond budding - in the pics its completely split in 2 and hanging by a thread together. now they are separated both look OK and recovering. The smaller one is in the back of the tank resting/healing. ahh the miracle of life.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: