A

Anonymous

one of my bubble-tipped anemones has split in half and now the daughter colony is splitting again. I have heard that this could be in response to stress. But whenever I see people annoucing this sort of thing here the cigars and congratulations are always passed around. At what point should I worry? The other two appear (of the now 4 to 5 total) appear fine and have not done this.

Mr Premnas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone-
I too have wondered about my BTAs when they split in rapid sucession, but they are all doing well now, so I don't know if you should be concerned. Watch the separation points and make sure they heal quickly. IMO if they appear healthy and continue eating you should not worry too much. I hope they make it through well.
I send you out an e-cigar and congratulations anyway.

reefer madness1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AOTS-How big was your BTA before it split? Ive had mine for almost a year now,its about a foot across, and the damn thing wont split. Im moving corals to make more room for it all the time. Im glad hes not a wanderer or Id be in big trouble.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not so sure that it/they have been stressed. It could very well be that you have done something to the tanks chemistry or lighting which caused a mass spawning. Sometimes if a BTA is kept not far from an open window it may respond to the sight of the moon and it's lunar cycle.

But if it was stress,and now they all seem fine,I wouldn't worry. It may have been something that you did(or just occurred in the tank)that was short in duration(but just long enough to cause a chain-spawn)and was almost immediatly corrected with no ling term effects.

GL

Dan

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: