cierras

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tank 55Gals looking to upgrade ONCE I know what I am doing!!:splitspin:splitspin:splitspin:splitspin:splitspin:splitspin:splitspin:splitspin
Right now my goal is to build old school any ideas :eek::eek::eek:

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Old school high-tech coral reef tank?

Do you have any ideas of what YOU want to do ... equipment wise ... lighting ... sump ... reactors ... etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.

What types of corals? SPS, LPS, Softies?

sakura51707

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
high-tech - resembling or making use of highly advanced technology or devices
vs.
old school - a class of people favoring traditional ideas

**oxymoron-a figure of speech that combines two apparently contradictory terms, for example "cruel kindness"**

good luck with the set-up :D

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
old school? underwater filters? using tap water? incandescent bulbs?

go for it. keep a detail thread (lots of pics please!) of it here on MR for us to laugh...er... I mean learn from! :tongue1:

on a serious note, what on earth are you talking about good sir?

Last edited:

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
old school? underwater filters? using tap water? incandescent bulbs?

go for it. keep a detail thread (lots of pics please!) of it here on MR for us to laugh...er... I mean learn from! :tongue1:

on a serious note, what on earth on you talking about good sir?

LoL!!! Now that's a set up I haven't seen in a while ;)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Cierra, people here are very helpfull. But you have to think before you put your fingers to the keyboard, or they will go at ya. They mean no harm, just funning with ya.;) So don't get discouraged.
By the way, use the search engine here. See what you can learn from previous threads, then ask your questions.:)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
high-tech - resembling or making use of highly advanced technology or devices
vs.
old school - a class of people favoring traditional ideas

**oxymoron-a figure of speech that combines two apparently contradictory terms, for example "cruel kindness"**

good luck with the set-up :D

Simply loved your responce.:splitspin:groupflip:approve:

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
My advice is to look at lots of pictures of other reef tanks, and get an idea of what you would like your reef to look like best case scenario - what animals would you like to keep? Once you know what you'd like to have in your system, then do the research to make sure you can keep those animals together.

Once you've got your community idea, then start figuring out what the needs are of these animals in terms of substrate, lighting, space and all the rest - we'll help you, but you need to start with a concept.

Best of luck!

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Cierra, people here are very helpfull. But you have to think before you put your fingers to the keyboard, or they will go at ya. They mean no harm, just funning with ya.;) So don't get discouraged.
By the way, use the search engine here. See what you can learn from previous threads, then ask your questions.:)

lol ... I fully agree with you Awilda. :D

You just have to give more information concerning your current set up (equipment and everything) and your ideas for a new set up, then people will come to help you ... Determining your budget is also a very wise decision.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: