corkscrewnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.2%
35   1   0
I recently added a 24g Nano with a 150w MH sunpod to my collection. I would like to add a deeper or more blue tint to the reef. I seem to have a 14k in there already should I go to a 20k?

Does anyone know which brand of bulb would put out more of a blue color than others?

--Also I was thinking of possibly adding an actinic flor. strip light to the tank as well, any thoughts feedback or advice? Know where to grab the best price, I have mostly acans and 2 clowns in the nano.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
I would keep the 14k bulb and get some actinics to supplement. The lower k bulbs tend to give out more PAR than the higher ones. Some good MH bulb brands are Ushio, XM, and Pheonix.
IMO, I wouldn't use the flor. strip for actinics. I would get some T-5s, it would look MUCH better than the fluorescent strips. JMO.

Dj Orion

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I think that if you added a pheonix 14k you would prob get the results that you are looking for. With the screens I gave you it would be a nice light shade of blue.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: