drazel

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were are you coming from? Even if you pay for it and it comes in with a problem just tell them you don't want it. If you have it sent to your house and it has problems. Now your really stuck with it. Trust me I have one. Its up to you. I allot about nice tanks. But then I have a POS. Just be home when they drop it off. Make the delivery guy stay there while you inspect it.

Coming from Boston and CT is the closest reseller. You have a good point with me just refusing it at the store rather than refusing it at my place. Aside from the overflow, the chip and the drilled holes, how do you like the tank itself? Can you post any other pics of it? Did you buy the stand from them as well?

Flashy2003

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Cadlight

Coming from Boston and CT is the closest reseller. You have a good point with me just refusing it at the store rather than refusing it at my place. Aside from the overflow, the chip and the drilled holes, how do you like the tank itself? Can you post any other pics of it? Did you buy the stand from them as well?

Aside from all the issues the tank would be nice. Its not really 100 gallons either. Its more like 90g. I didn't buy the stand from them. I planned on building my own. But if your not going to build your own you might want to. I don't know if it would fit on a 120 stand. The one thing that I don't like is there is only one hole in the overflow for return into tank. It would be better with two. Opposite each other. If you ask I'm sure they will do it.

drazel

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a mayor difference with having 2 returns as opposed to just 1? I was even thinking of asking to see if they could make it into a corner overflow instead of the back wall

Flashy2003

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well the return line is 1" and the hole will let you get 3/4" loc line through it. I guess its just a personal preference. It would look nicer in the center instead of just one on the side. And I don't know if they will do a corner. They have a template for there tanks. You might want to order from miracles. It will cost a little more but you get a full custom and you get what you pay for. No BS.

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
The closest one for me is in manchester CT at about 200 miles round trip. I have spoken to them but they require a payment in full in advanced so i don't want to pay for it all and then have something wrong with the tank and me being stuck with it since it's already been paid for. On top of that, I still have to rent a truck to pick it up... Ah, decisions, decisions...

Sure, pay in full...with a credit card and then wait for receipt of the tank before paying for that part of the bill. You can call the cc company and tell them that if the tank takes longer than your billing cycle.

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hey flashy2003 sorry to hear about your tank still not arriving are there letting you keep the old tank ?? That would be sweet and the right thing to do for all that you been through ..

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Update- I finally received my tank. I filed a claim with my credit card company and the tank was shipped two days later. But it is nice and I am very happy to put this behind me and start my build.

That great new dude... Posts sum pics......:fish:

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
FYI the store in brooklyn is his family shop.... I got a tank from them and went throught a few before I found a good one then had lots of problems all their stuff is made in china and shipped here I had a problem with my skimmer and all they could tell me is sorry we dont sell that one anymore!!

Flashy2003

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The jokes on me. I was setting up my plumbing and to my surprise the bulk head hole was drilled to the wrong size. My first tank is drilled for a 1" bulkhead. Like stated on there web site. But the New Tank is drilled for a 3/4". FML. Well I guess I will just have to see how the credit card company deals with it.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
That's all messed up man. I've been happy for you seeing that you finally got the tank you paid for and now this. I was considering cad lights 100g tank vs cut glass+ couple of beers with skilled friends who can put the glass together+ good time and I'm definitely going with the latter now. I hope your cc company block this transaction.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: