kkaz642

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok guys just bought my new skimmer for my tank now I have my eyes set on a reactor. I can't fit it under my tank so it's gonna be just outside the tank. I have a 90 gallon display with another 40 gallons underneath. So what do you think is the best bang for my buck simplicity , and quality are most important I'd also like it as cheep as possible but if I need to save I will. Thanks in advance!

James404

MH for Life!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
If I was in the market for a Cal reactor I would go with a GEO, are you planning on doing heavy SPS? I think a 612 would be a good fit for your tank. I would also get either a reef fanatic or aquariumplants.com regulator, many people have problems with the other brands such as milwaukee.

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Tank size should decide that. Smaller tanks are good for dosing, but on a larger tank the cost of dosing is higher than the up front cost of a reactor.

kkaz642

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yea I think that the 90 gallon , 125-130 with sump crosses. That thresh hold of larger tank. I would like
To make it easier to maintain a constant level I was told this was the way to go. Also I'm in an apt. I was going to build a cabinet around the reactor instead of having a bunch of Bottles just one unit..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: