TH3C1SC0K1D

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well I have a system with 50 gallons of total water volume. I am going to be utilizing a My Reef Creations CR2 Dual Chamber Calcium Reactor and an Avast K1 Kalkwasser Stirrer. My aquarium has been plagued with low pH which is why I does Kalkwasser and my thought are that by running the two in conjunction I could offset the Calcium Reactors effect of Low pH by utilizing the Kalkwasser Stirrers effect of increasing pH by having each on their own controllers (The Kalkwasser will not be setup inline with my Autotop off). Any thoughts or concerns?

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
that MR2 has be way overkill for your system because thats what I use on my heavily stocked 170 with 300 gallons total volumn. Whats the effleunt Ph coming out of the reactor? it has to be 7 or higher in only 50 gallons because mine is 6.5 maintaining cal @475, alk @9.6 and mag@ 1400 and I'm able to keep the systems PH at normal levels by just using kalk in my topoff water.

TH3C1SC0K1D

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Reply to Mike NY.

that MR2 has be way overkill for your system because thats what I use on my heavily stocked 170 with 300 gallons total volumn. Whats the effleunt Ph coming out of the reactor? it has to be 7 or higher in only 50 gallons because mine is 6.5 maintaining cal @475, alk @9.6 and mag@ 1400 and I'm able to keep the systems PH at normal levels by just using kalk in my topoff water.

It's actually not setup currently. Just getting some preliminary information before I start connection everything. How do you have the water entering the MR2 Calcium Reactor? Do you also have the Panworld Pump on yours? If so do you need a seperate pump to feed water to it from the sump?

TH3C1SC0K1D

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Reply to Rambley67.

It seems to me that the only reason for setting up the kalk stirrer is to keep the ph up if that is the case why don't you look into the tease that your ph is low to start with.

I already know what is causing my low pH. We have the windows in my house closed the majority of the time. We cannot leave them open because we have small children. Hence the reason for the Kalkwasser Stirrer to raise the pH. But thank you for the suggestion. :wink1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: