Mu8st7ang1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm thinking of getting a calcium reactor for my 90 with a 30 gal fuge. I'm trying to go mostly Sps. What are the plus and minus factors? Also how hard are they to setup and maintain. I have done lots of Google research and tried to poke around on here and reef central but maybe I'm just not getting it. Also what one would you buy.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
You only recently just got your parameters okay. I suggest you only go with a calcium reactor only after you're dosing a lot daily. This is because it is very hard to dose very little with a calcium reactor. You'll end up overdosing. When you have so many SPS that you're dosing 30-60ml of each part A and B per day, then its probably time for a small calcium reactor

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a 90 gal and all SPS tank. I dose 60 ml of each part each day. Doser does all the work. I have no trouble and it's very simple. My opinion is do your homework and decide which way you would like to go. They are good points on both and bad points. They are plenty of bigger system that are dosing 3x that amount with great and easy results. Like I said look and see each one has advantages and disadvantages.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A lot depends on how much your coral is taken in every day. Levels you like to be in Alk 7.7dk -9.2 dk Cal 400-450 Mag 1250 - 1350. I keep my tank at 8.0 dk Alk. Cal 420 and Mag 1250. The key to SPS is stability. Right now you need to test Alk and Cal for a few days and see how much it drops each day. Then you can start dosing again using the right amount to maintain the range you want. Use this to help you. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-calculator
Using the right test kits will help with more accurate levels. Once you have an under standing you can figure how much and when to dose. Key test and test to see where your level are and need to add the right amount each day. Good luck. Read and ask question.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: