mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
First time i am mixing this salt , 30g RODI , digital scale used to measure all elements
My results:
34ppm
CA 425-435ppm on ELOS--Good
Alk 9.2-9.4 0n Red Seatest kit--Not bad , but i like to be a little lower
MG- 980 on Elso , VERY LOW

My question: in order to rise MG should add MG part and part b or just MG?

thankx

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
First time i am mixing this salt , 30g RODI , digital scale used to measure all elements
My results:
34ppm
CA 425-435ppm on ELOS--Good
Alk 9.2-9.4 0n Red Seatest kit--Not bad , but i like to be a little lower
MG- 980 on Elso , VERY LOW

My question: in order to rise MG should add MG part and part b or just MG?

thankx

It is my understanding that part A and B are not the same as part 1 and 2 of 2 part dosing.... I would only add mag

Did you use full 30g RODI, or less as per formula?

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
Not sure why the MG. is so low, but if you trust your kit, just add more of the MG. Or better yet, adjust your system afterwards with a MG. supplement if need be--- depending on how big the WC is you might not even notice the difference once everything mixes together.

Hi Randy,

ive been using Elos kits for quite sometime andthey pretty accurate. i am still with my old system and i usually change 30g every 3 weeks, so i like to be pretty accurate . i guess best would be to just add MG part.
i am meeting Bob next week so i be sure to ask him .

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
It is my understanding that part A and B are not the same as part 1 and 2 of 2 part dosing.... I would only add mag

Did you use full 30g RODI, or less as per formula?

i though so too.. yes, i did use 30g of RO DI. do you think i should try with 10% less?

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
right, but i am concern about MG beeing so low. i can understand 1100-1150ppm but not what i got:)
\Just added 2 cups of MG part see what i get tomorrow morning...

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Mike, was the Mg flake exposed to any humidity? it has the propensity to hold much more water in humidity, making it heavier when weighing - this is one of the reasons why i use the measuring cups - I mix 50g at a time and Mg is typically 1350-1440

next cycle, try using he cups instead of the scale and see what you get.

FWIW

House

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
Mike, was the Mg flake exposed to any humidity? it has the propensity to hold much more water in humidity, making it heavier when weighing - this is one of the reasons why i use the measuring cups - I mix 50g at a time and Mg is typically 1350-1440

next cycle, try using he cups instead of the scale and see what you get.

FWIW

House
hey Jim,
Actually MG flakes was pretty dry, but go figure;) next mix i definately try to use the cup.
thankx for heads up!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: