Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I want to write a simple app to make reservations for my peers.

What platform would you recommend?

Basically, I want my peers to have an app in their cel phone and make reservations on it. Once they make a reservation, the available seat/rooms will will be taken out of the inventory so that it will not over book.

It would be nice to tie the apps data back to a web site and database which I can run SQL on it in the future. I am proficient in SQL but not anything else like web/app generator.

Many thanks.

BTW, I started out in a bad day. I was trying to install some software for this purpose and kill my laptop's boot up process and the sad thing is, supposedly, I have a spare Win 7 handy but it turns out that was not an english one, so I cannot recover my system until a proper one is at hand.
:((((

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I want to write a simple app to make reservations for my peers.

What platform would you recommend?

Basically, I want my peers to have an app in their cel phone and make reservations on it. Once they make a reservation, the available seat/rooms will will be taken out of the inventory so that it will not over book.

It would be nice to tie the apps data back to a web site and database which I can run SQL on it in the future. I am proficient in SQL but not anything else like web/app generator.

Many thanks.

BTW, I started out in a bad day. I was trying to install some software for this purpose and kill my laptop's boot up process and the sad thing is, supposedly, I have a spare Win 7 handy but it turns out that was not an english one, so I cannot recover my system until a proper one is at hand.
:((((

I work with a lot of companies that have similar pre-written systems in place for hotels, etc. Unless you want to spend a ton of money, I'd look at existing solutions and see if anything fits your needs.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
odesk.com

Have someone in India do it for pennies.

Actually, apps similar to what I want to build are FREE and very common in India (England is become common too.) The problem with those are that they are coded with the service providers in mind in their respective countries. In my case, I am the service provider in US and want to give out a FREE app. :(

I cannot find similar apps here and some that may work are too fishy to even consider talking to them.

Last edited:

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
What? No, this is a site where you post a job you want done and an estimate price, people bid for it, then you pick who you want to do it and agree on a price. Then they do the job.

Country has nothing to do with it, the India reference was a joke.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
What? No, this is a site where you post a job you want done and an estimate price, people bid for it, then you pick who you want to do it and agree on a price. Then they do the job.

Country has nothing to do with it, the India reference was a joke.

I know the India reference was a joke but happened that it's true too, that's why I reply back what I found from my research in finding a solution.

I went to the site for freelancers and notice what you mentioned. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
To fix your laptop try making a linux boot usb to get in a recover.

Just a quick search: http://www.freebookings.com

The system actually boots up to a point where it say I need a Win 7 to 'repair". I will try the linux method and check what I can do with it.

So far, I tried 3 version of "Win 7" and did have a compatible version. The SSD currently installed is not the original HD so, I cannot use the recovery partition that's supposed to be in the laptop-a function I can access from the bios.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: