BHDMC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Maybe considering a Tunze Nano wavebox to replace my P/Hs. With the water in the tank oscillating back and forth, would this weaken the seams of the tank and/or the stand.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Constant oscillating pressure will weaken the tank over time. Your moving the silicone moreso than you would with a constant circulation. Should still last you about 3-5 years with a standard company built tank (AGA-perfecto) before you should consider changing the tank for a new one though. Evenness of the stand/tank and how big of a wave your running matters also. If your rocking your tank so that one side of the tank is half empty i wouldn;'t put the tank past a month =0P.

Be real cautious with what the stand is made of. I have mainly seen chipboard stands beeing sold commercially and thats not something you want to run a larger wave on. Your going to be seeing more pressure on the stand joints than you will on the walls of the glass once your dealing with a 700+ lb shift in weight thats sitting on the stand. IMO a metal stand or a really well built wooden stand is a must for the tunze wavebox type wavemakers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: