Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hey guys a friend of mine gave me a LTA and its not doing too good in my 90 gallon not enough light for it and i wanted to move it to my 120 reef would it be ok or will it kill my Acros and other SPS i have two clowns I'm hoping will keep it from moving all over the tank but my overall concern is will it kill anything in the tank and make me regret putting him there

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Its a risk adding them to a reef. Some people get lucky while I've seen others cause havoc.

The clowns are no guarantee hes not going to roam. They normally will walk around looking for a preferred light strength, water flow etc. On top of that there's also no guarantee your clowns will even give it the time a day.

and god forbid you wanna remove him once he gets a good footing lol

on top of all that - i've been stung by one i had awhile ago - scared the sh#t out of me.

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do it... I have one in a Elos mini and I regret putting it there (rose/green bubble tip)... he found a nice spot for one week, then moved... then came out to another nice spot... I added 2 small (tiny) toadstool leathers near it and one day later it is behind the rock work.

what kind of light is on your 90 gallon and how lomng did you have it in there before you decided it wasn't getting enough light?

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have had a rbt in my reef for a long time with no problems I was lucky it stayed where I put it it has been in the same spot for over 3 years ( it also just split ) I just keep everything away from it. as long as it stays in one spot life will be good if not it will drive you crazy! good luck

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i had the LTA in there about 2 months and now he has shrunk, my worry is not that he will move around the tank but more concerned with him killing my SPS I've heard that there sting can kill SPS corals as well as softies so thats why I'm asking if he moves thats fine he moved all over the 90 i kinda liked it drove the tomato clown crazy lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: