A

Anonymous

There's flesh on there, but not much...

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

What should I do? I do have some Lugol's here...

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragged, then shipped, but the overnight shipping was delayed a day.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think there is much you can do but wait it out and hope for the best.

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a whole lot of experience with LPS but a year or so ago I was given two separate dying candy cane corals from a friend who had talked an LFS into giving them to him for free since they were dying. There was barely any flesh left, less than your specimens. One piece went into my 55 with MH lighting...was dead in 2 weeks. The other piece went into my nanocube with PC lighting and fully recovered. It now has about 5 quarter size heads and a couple baby heads. Another time I was at Jeff's Exotic and saw a small SPS (porites I think) thrown in with the LR rubble, as 75% of it was bare white skeleton and the flesh that was present was stringing away. I bought the piece at LR rubble price, so it cost me maybe $1. They wouldnt bag it in water, as it was treated as LR, so I opened a bag of coral that I also bought and put it in there. I got home, fragged off the dead skeleton and threw it in my tank. It continued to die a little and I ended up having 2 separate tiny frags, but I mounted them and they have now encrusted their base and are starting to grow. So I guess the moral of the story is, I don't know any tricks or secrets about saving corals, but it's worth a shot. They seem to be pretty good at regenerating. Good luck, I hope they all survive.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some do recovers, but the chance is small. I got a Blasto that came back to live with a visibly bare skeleton. good that I did not put the appearant dead rock out to dry, but still keep in the tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'd let the wait it out,I wouldn't lugol dip them unless there are parasites doing that damage.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give them time, don't stress them with a dip.

I'll spare you my normal fee, this advice will only cost you (2) 5-polyp frags when they recover.. :P

Nice frag! ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first one had the dreaded 'brown jelly' all over it this morning, so I chucked it. The two little ones are okay, and they are the important ones (Japanese lord morphs). Here's hoping...

Peace,

Chip

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: