Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Looking for suggestions for a carbon reactor. I have the generic BRS one...you know the one that looks like it's just a RO/DI canister (because it is). I kind of hate it. The foam dingies clog too fast and the footprint it uses is larger than i'd like to see used up. It's also a pita to open and close.

I have been looking at the Reef Octopus MF 1000 Media Reactor
Item #: OCT-MF1000 or maybe the Vertex. There's also NextReef. I'd like to power any of them with a Cobalt MJ600/900/1200. Looking for reactor suggestions. If whatever I wind up with is lovely, it would be nice to also be able to get a 2nd one to run GFO, should it come to that (po4 is currently .07) and plop them both in my sump.

120g mixed reef, going to be fairly heavily stocked.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Do you find that the foam pads in the NextReef clog a lot over time, dramatically reducing flow? I'm assuming you use the pads too...

One of the reasons why the Reef Octopus one appeals to me is that there are no pads, but you have to use the bigger sized carbon, as opposed to the tiny ROX stuff, which is allegedly more effective over time at sucking up impurities.

I find that the foam pads in the BRS reactor clog up in like, 10 minutes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: