miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a ca-1800 return pump that has a impeller issue (rattles lot and has been working well few years before that).

I can't open it to replace, not sure how to open! Impeller sells for $10 + shipping online.

Am I better off replacing with a pump like quite one or try hard to replace impeller for CA pump?

Pls advice, thx!
Kris:confused::D

-- Kris

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
If you can't get the pump open; how are you gonna change the impeller? I would replace the pump. The Deep Blue series of pumps are pretty quite and cheap. You can pick up a Triton 5 for around $70-$80 and it pushes 1350 gph and goes 13' in head height;)

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I would go to the manufactures web page, there you should find instructions on the pump. From that you can tell what maintenance you can do on the pump, including changing the impeller.

Depending on the type of pump it maybe worth spending $10 to replace the impeller, plus most places will offer free shipping if you spend over a certain amount, or you maybe able to order it from one of the vendors on the board. Then again the pump maybe old or not as efficient as some of the newer pumps out there right now.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Yeah most pumps open up for easy servicing, i once had a sicce spk2500 that rattled like crazy on my skimmer and one day it just wouldnt turn over and bubble up , so i also couldnt find an entry point to the impeller and i went online and found that i was not paying close enough attention to the pump and with a little research i found the way to open it and replaced the impeller with a more superior one and i make tons of bubbles now! Total repair cost $17.99 pump is still running great! Do a bit of research and you may find a simple inexpensive solution!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: