A

Anonymous

LOoking for ideas

i was going to get a pair of 48" t5's but the check out price is over 200 $

I had a 400w radium over the tank, and extremely good coraline growth, too good as it's a pain getting it off the glass

trying to cut down on my electric bill, all that's in the tank is about 150 pounds of rock and a few fish we have had for 4-5 years

A

Anonymous

Just curious.. - Why go with high end lighting for a fish only setup?

A

Anonymous

I've done normal floro's before, the output is not high enough for viewing

and then you end up with 4-6 bulbs and bulb costs kill any cost savings, I think 2 T5's are better than 4-6 regular bulbs and easier to install

I might go with a pair of 36" T5's instead of 48's I wish I could get stuff locally mail ordering bulbs kills the cost savings

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is perfect, except I had one and it started on fire, have they fixed the quality?

Mine burned the end, it did work well while I had it, and it did run really hot, and the fans were terrible loud

a retrofit would be fine for me if I could find one that cheap

Brian5000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never owned that specific model, but I've had both Current-USA and Coralife stuff before without incident. There are other brands that make the same thing too; that's just an example.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that same one on my seahorse tank which is pretty tall and it lit the tank very well. I only had it for a few months, and it worked very well untill I dropped it in the water...then it didnt work so well :lol: Atleast I remembered not to instinctly try to reach in after it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: