shinylights

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want a brand new tank i know there is a store in 19th ave 86th street Brooklyn that sells a bunch of tanks with sumps built in, and it is priced similarly to online shops. I forgot the exact name and will have to get back to you on that.

geldof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Wow. City Aquarium is still around? I remember going there like 20 years ago, hunting for decent aquarium stores. Had a good selection of fish and coral, by that days standards. Do they still have a storefront? They were very expensive then. I'm sure little has changed. Let us know where you end up getting your tank.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Out of curiosity, I looked at the tanks at the local PetSmart. Wow... the silicone job is so bad, they must be doing that on purpose. It's as if they wanted to make sure you would cut it while cleaning algae. Then on the larger models, you see bubbles in it. And finally passing your finger on the angles, you can feel that the side panels are not even vertical.

I will end up getting an expensive tank, just because the rest is pure crap.

gqch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
pacifit aquarium in chinatown and manhattan aquarium in midtown also sale different size reef tanks, but their price are way above average, online are much cheaper if you don't mind shipping the delicate tank

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yes with MA closing that might be the only solution left.

I went to Pacific, they do not carry anything that would suit my needs (external overflow). The Seapora ones look pretty nice, but they were not sure they were tempered or not. Not willing to bet on a 600$ tank for a self-drill!

kevin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yes with MA closing that might be the only solution left.

I went to Pacific, they do not carry anything that would suit my needs (external overflow). The Seapora ones look pretty nice, but they were not sure they were tempered or not. Not willing to bet on a 600$ tank for a self-drill!
Let me know if you find anything local in brooklyn. I heard there is a tank builder, but I am unsure who it is.

I am looking at external overflow too! So far I think the only good option is SC aquarium.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: