Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have had cleaner shrimps bother or eat Acro polyps? One of the two I have likes to walk over and harass one specific Acropora (ORA Bellina), forcing the coral to retract polyps. The polyps comes back out after some time, but the shrimp does it again. I think it might be time for a time-out for this shrimp ;) I've never had a cleaner bother SPS before ... only CBS bother LPS and soft corals.

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know Len, it's funny that you should mention this. I have a lot of sps coral in my tank and they all seem to be doing quite well with the exception of my ORA Bellina and GARF Purple Bonzi. I haven;t seen my cleaner shrimp harassing yet. I find it weird that the polyps just won't open up and the color is suffering. Could be very possible.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the polyps look like food(worms?). Never seen it myself, but I do not have the same SPS.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the bellina and had cleaners shrimp for a while with no issues, they never bothered any of my sps. I'd think though if they set up shot there that the constant scurrying around could be bothersome. I always liked having them climb on my hand and pick at my nails lol. Ive had them bother the LPS by going after food the LPS was eatting but otherwise no issues.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: