bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I was looking for a nice addition to my tank and by accident I found Bluestreak Cleaner Wrasse at one of LFS?s. Without any homework I decided this is it! The store owner was not very familiar with this fish but I didn?t expect any huge surprises. After I got home I started to read about it and I found out this is one of the most difficult fish to keep in home marine aquariums. Some even do not recommend this fish for home aquarium as they usually do not survive more than a week and in best case scenario a month.
My wrasse was eating perfectly, cyclopeeze, spirulina brine shrimps, flakes. After 6 days, appeared only once during the day for about 1 hour. The next day it was gone and I?ve never seen this fish again. Probably died somewhere in the sand.
I?ve seen this fish in 2 LFS since then. Fish looks great and it is very active but as some website says to keep this fish in home aquarium is almost impossible.

Read some more here:
http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/wrasses/CleanerWrasse.php

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Some cleaner wrasses last forever and some don't. I have a buddy that has one for 2 years now. It is inportant to purhase one that eats frozen foods and flakes

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: