1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
My set-up has been running for a few years now (300g). Over the last few weeks I have been noticing my water being a bit cloudy. I have not added anything to the tank (including new fish); I have done multiple water changes and nothing. I don't overfeed my fish and eels. All my levels in the tank are on par. I only test for PH, Nitrite, Nitrate, and Ammonia. I also use only RO water for top-offs and water changes. Anyone on here run into this issue before? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6608.jpg
    IMG_6608.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6609.jpg
    IMG_6609.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6610.jpg
    IMG_6610.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 58

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
It's possible that you're going through some type of bacteria or algae bloom in the tank. What do you feed? When I use to fed a lot of nori sheet that water would look a little cloudy from them over time. I would try running a filter sock and see if that help clear it up.

1UCKY

Niko's Dad
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
It's possible that you're going through some type of bacteria or algae bloom in the tank. What do you feed? When I use to fed a lot of nori sheet that water would look a little cloudy from them over time. I would try running a filter sock and see if that help clear it up.

That's what I have been reading online that it might be a bacteria bloom. I feed them pellets twice a day. I also throw in half of a Nori sheet like 3 times a week. The eels get fed once a week. I will give the filter sock idea a try. Thanks.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
It could be bacterial bloom as previously mentioned.
I know you mentioned its a FOWLR, but if you have any turbo snails in there, then they release a white milky substance when they spawn. So if you have them, that could be one possibility.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Cheato can't do that because it doesn't go sexual, as far as i know. Would go throu the pumps and stuff to make sure everything is good. Maybe check light timers, or any new sunlight from a tree removal or something. Would also suspect the uv, since you said you recently changed the bulb.
Good luck, let us know
Nother thing is copepods need replacing. If no new ones are put in, after a year or so they stop breeding because of inbreeding. Probably not the cause, just some fyi.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: