Dwankmuller

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey guys,

One of my clowns died a few days ago...I added some rock that I was told was cycled, and my ammonia/nitrite spiked and it killed one of my fish. Overall im pretty pissed at myself for trusting that it was "cycled", i should have set up another tank to let it cycle myself.

At any rate, can I add another clown to the tank? The clowns were only together for about 1 month, and the dominant of the two clowns survived. The remaining fish is 1 inch long (it is very young). I want it to have a friend, but am unsure if the clown would kill anything I added to the tank. Any info would be great...thanks.

Dave

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I suggest getting a clown which is smaller since you said the dominant one survived.
Also, how did you transport the rock home? And was there any sponges on the rock?
There's a chance some portion of the rock was left exposed to air too long and had some die off. If there's sponges on the rocks and some air bubbles got trapped in them, they would suffocate and die as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: