Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Hey All,

My clownfish, now turning almost 6 years old, started acting up earlier today. I really do not want to lose her, so I am reaching out in case any one has any idea what may have gone wrong. I did a water change earlier and one of my lights happened to burn out. I smelled a strong burning smell, which I believe came from the power supply where I dropped water.

In a rush, I did not heat the water for the water change like I usually do. Is it possible that a temperature fluctuation caused this? Willing to take the right steps to nurse him back to health. As of right now he is the only fish in the tank, but I have shipment of fish coming in tomorrow.

tsouth

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely. If you didn't heat the water, I can only imagine how cold it was considering my Ro/Di is ice cold when I make water. 10/10 would not recommend you do a water change without temp matching.

I suppose it's all dependent on the amount of water your changing and the variance in temps but yeah watch out. The only thing I can recommend now is leaving it be and letting your tank get back up to temp. Don't add more fuel to the fire

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Clown seems to have some white spots on it. Hope it’s just sand. Introduced the new fish that I received in the mail, and some show signs of twitching. I’m hoping it’s not ick. Temperature was initially cold with the water change, but two heaters brought it up. May go the quarantine route if I have to. As always any insight or advice is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2735.MP4
    3.8 MB

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Here is the clown a few min after the picture above with the other fish. Tries to be active and swim, but loses energy quick. Currently not eating either

Attachments

• C29FE620-AC6D-442C-9886-939C9A8F7321.jpeg
    C29FE620-AC6D-442C-9886-939C9A8F7321.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 23

tsouth

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you do decide to remove it, keep in mind that if your fish does have ich, then so does everyone else.

You can either remove all and go fallow for 78 days + QT or leave them be and do your best to bring their health to optimal conditions. Feed really good food with great additives and they'll stay healthy. Whatever you do, give it a day or two. The fish is already stressed to the knees, and the last thing it needs is a big claw hand grabbing it :P

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
If you do decide to remove it, keep in mind that if your fish does have ich, then so does everyone else.

You can either remove all and go fallow for 78 days + QT or leave them be and do your best to bring their health to optimal conditions. Feed really good food with great additives and they'll stay healthy. Whatever you do, give it a day or two. The fish is already stressed to the knees, and the last thing it needs is a big claw hand grabbing it :p
Not to highjack the post or anything but im ready to remove my corals and inverts so i can treat my DT

what can i use to treat everyone in there that womt seep into the rocks and wont come out later on????

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: