tenMann2

y is it floating?
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My frostbite clownfish is showing signs of a disease. After searching and reading several threads I think I've confused myself more so than finding an answer.
I have in my QT: frostbite clownfish, flurry clownfish, coral beauty, 2 purple firefish, midas blenny.
I'm on day 12 of the TTM and will be doing the last transfer in the morning. I have done 2 treatments of prazipro on days 4 and 12.

The concern, both clownfish have stringy white poop, prazipro was added but it seems internal parasite is still there. The frostbite clownfish has developed a bump under it's lip, reddish with a white center, doesn't look like cauliflower yet.
All fishes besides the clownfish have an appetite for food.
I'd like help identifying the disease and knowing the best course of action. FW dips have not worked for me in the past, lost fishes shortly after .
dce2944aca9c8287150bbfc8bb709b32.jpg
7f9483fc4891a97bbe173ed5632a5a2d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

lagatbezan

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Not sure about the bump but white stringy poop usually is sign of internal parasites and prazipro might not be able to treat it. Metro added to its food using focus for a min of 10 days should hopefully take care of it.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Brooklynalla, a very serious clownfish disease. Not sure how it treat it

Please note guys, I'm assuming it's Brooklynalla. A common Tank raised clownfish disease. I bought a pair of clowns that showed similar signs. I was told by the vendor it could be Brooklynalla. I returned the worst of the two. The only casualty, a large beautiful Royal Grammar. I've never bought from that Vendor again.

tenMann2

y is it floating?
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Not sure about the bump but white stringy poop usually is sign of internal parasites and prazipro might not be able to treat it. Metro added to its food using focus for a min of 10 days should hopefully take care of it.
Each of the clownfish came from different stores, but seem to have the same poop and lack of appetite. I don't know if they are tank bred, I assume so.
A weird behavior of them, when the pump is off and only the air pump is on, they lay low in the tank, sometimes on their side. When the pump is turned on they are actively swimming around.

lagatbezan

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Does it look like the skin is peeling off or see any excess of mucus buildup on their skin? those are usually sign of brook and treatments would be either formalin dip (37% formalin: 20 drops per gallon for a maximum of 50 minutes) or CP (requires prescription from vet).
Fresh water dips will buy you some time by providing temporary relief.
It might also be bacterial infection which might require antibiotics.
are they eating?
Uronema usually starts as a small red lesion looking spot and progress really rapidly getting larger and is a fast killer. rare for clowns because of their type of skin. Metro or CP is best treatment if caught early.
Any other symptoms like scratching, cloudy eyes, rapid breathing or white spots?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
String white feces and no appetite is a sign of bloat with cichlids, which is a result of generic protozoan intestinal infection, in which the body swells up in a hypotonic condition as the body tries to flush out the protozoans. Since this is marine, could be any other organism which is causing the same symptoms. Since they are farmed, I'm going to lean more towards protozoans, as opposed to an exotic worm or copepod. In treatment of bloat, I used medication called Clout, and fed fiber rich foods, spirulina instead of shrimp or meat based foods. Once they start feeding, the worst is over. One of the conditions for the protozoans to do well is poor water quality, and the protozoans are living both inside fish and outside the body in the environment.

So, move the fish to a 10 gallon QT tank and treat with clout. A water change of the main tank will prevent the protozoan bloom from happening again.

tenMann2

y is it floating?
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
String white feces and no appetite is a sign of bloat with cichlids, which is a result of generic protozoan intestinal infection, in which the body swells up in a hypotonic condition as the body tries to flush out the protozoans. Since this is marine, could be any other organism which is causing the same symptoms. Since they are farmed, I'm going to lean more towards protozoans, as opposed to an exotic worm or copepod. In treatment of bloat, I used medication called Clout, and fed fiber rich foods, spirulina instead of shrimp or meat based foods. Once they start feeding, the worst is over. One of the conditions for the protozoans to do well is poor water quality, and the protozoans are living both inside fish and outside the body in the environment.

So, move the fish to a 10 gallon QT tank and treat with clout. A water change of the main tank will prevent the protozoan bloom from happening again.
I'll read more into the use of clout. The fish are in a in QT right now. Fresh water in the tank this morning.

tenMann2

y is it floating?
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Does it look like the skin is peeling off or see any excess of mucus buildup on their skin? those are usually sign of brook and treatments would be either formalin dip (37% formalin: 20 drops per gallon for a maximum of 50 minutes) or CP (requires prescription from vet).
Fresh water dips will buy you some time by providing temporary relief.
It might also be bacterial infection which might require antibiotics.
are they eating?
Uronema usually starts as a small red lesion looking spot and progress really rapidly getting larger and is a fast killer. rare for clowns because of their type of skin. Metro or CP is best treatment if caught early.
Any other symptoms like scratching, cloudy eyes, rapid breathing or white spots?

The skin other than the patch on the lower lip is healthy looking. Which is why I can't say it's brook yet or could be in the early stages of it. I'm leaning towards uronema. The size hasn't grown in the last day or so.
No rapid breathing or ich, but the mouth remains open could be due the infection.

lagatbezan

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My guess would be bacterial as well in which case best treatment would be an antibiotic cocktail with furan2, metro and kanaplex for a min of 10 days. This way you are covered for both gram negative and gram positive infections. The Metro also helps in case it is uronema too. some even claim that it will treat brook as well.
with all infections treatments should be done as soon as possible specially if it is gram neg time is not on your side.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: