Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just wanted to know if anyone else is having problems with mold in there canopy's and stands, I searched but found old threads. I am interested in hearing solutions and things or precautions that should be taken. I know mold is not safe but at what point do you say that something has to be done about it. I bought a tank from another member which i noticed has some green and white spores in the canopy but i am unsure as what to do.

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Bleach only kills surface mold. The spore.can go 1/4" into the wood and the bleach winter get ti them. There is a product called MoldX from Home Depot. Get that and spray it on the mold and let it sit for a lil while, then wipe off. You may want ti use bleach afterwards t get the smell if the moldx off. DO ALL OF THIS OUTSIDE AWAY FROM YOUR TANK!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Bleach only kills surface mold. The spore.can go 1/4" into the wood and the bleach winter get ti them. There is a product called MoldX from Home Depot. Get that and spray it on the mold and let it sit for a lil while, then wipe off. You may want ti use bleach afterwards t get the smell if the moldx off. DO ALL OF THIS OUTSIDE AWAY FROM YOUR TANK!

And then get a good Mold Inhibitor paint, and paint it. Do the same for the stand...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: