• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

pennstatereefer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am selling a complete 55 gallon tank, stand, protein skimmer, pumps w/ lots of lr, lps, 2 mated clownfish, huge green brittle star, shrimp, snails, crabs, etc. for best offer. Buyer must pick this up in manhattan near Columbus Circle (elevator building) before end of May.

Tank has been established for over three years, but maintenance has been a little lacking lately. Lots of different mushrooms, a leather and a few zoos on the lr. Some green algea growth. Lighting is yours if you want it, but they are old, broken down pc's, so not much there. Protein skimmer is about a year old and I believe is rated for a 100g, works exceptionally well, but don't remember brand or exact type (one of the good one's I'm sure though).

Please let me know if interested.

RareZ

Azad
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Will you sell anything seperately? I would be interested in some of your livestock, Protein Skimmer, (maybe lights too). Please let me know if you would part them. I can come pick it up over the weekend.

pennstatereefer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if I will sell things separately yet. I'm going to wait a few days and see if I get any offers for the whole thing. If not, please pm me what your interested in and a reasonable offer and if I break it up I will pm back. I just cleaned the glass as well, so I will post some pics of the setup and corals tomorrow. There is definitely some algea issues, but nothing a blenny and some water changes probably couldn't take care of. Thanks.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
pennstate, IMO offering your items here as, "best offer" is like setting up an auction. I think you'll get a much more favorable response if you set a price and accept it if someone offers it to you. Seeing that this is a 'For Sale' forum, not an 'Auction' forum people are looking at your goods and expecting a price.

Good luck and hope to see you back in the hobby some day,
swimmer

pennstatereefer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, well the problem I have I guess is how much to ask for it. Any suggestions for what you think would be fair and also get someone to want to buy? Otherwise, I figure I'll just piece it out and keep the tank as a sump for the future in case I setup something nicer.

pennstatereefer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I'm officially just going to parse it out. Please send me messages with offer amounts for what your interested in. So far nothing is officially gone, but I will update as they are sold.

Things I have are:

Large purple mushrooms
Large green striped mushrooms
Small Leather
2 false perculas (already may be sold though)
Lots of LR (also, may have been sold if person takes my offer)
Brown zoos on two separate rocks
Bright green polyps
Used protein skimmer (wish I had details, but I know it's top of line for this size tank)
55 gallon tank and stand once above is gone.

Thanks for interest

pennstatereefer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I'll give this a try. I'm going to try and invent/guess prices and then if it turns out theres no takers, I'll change it. Still going to say best offer by end of the week will take precedence though.

Finally, I will not part with the protein skimmer and/or lights until most of the corals/fish are gone, since otherwise they won't survive. Thanks again...

LR - Will sell all that don't have large coral growth (best total guess is 50 lbs., plenty of pieces with some small growth) for $100 or best offer. There is some nuisance algea on parts, so it may need to be cured or isolated.

Protein Skimmer - Remora Pro, about a year old, believe it was $225 originally, asking $75 or best offer

Percs - mated pair of false percs, together about 2 years now, $60 or best offer

Huge Green Brittle Starfish - $20 or best offer

Corals - mushrooms, polyps, zoos - $20-$40 per rock (some are loaded on huge rocks), first come, first serve, or best offer

Coral Banded Shrimp - $20

Lights - all old pc's. Will take $50 if someone wants em.

If you think prices are too high, please don't hesitate to still make offers. I pulled these out of nowhere. Also, any takers would have to pick up in manhattan before end of month, really the sooner the better.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: