jbpig

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 150g 72x22x23 i allready have 2 vho actinic blue lights on the way i was going to order 2 more 50/50's to go along with it, but i keep hearing people say get some mh's. I dont plan on keeping sps's so would they really be necessary?

arnjer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just ordered another 250 watt MH and will be putting two on a new 90 gal this next weekend i think i am gonna love them they are 10 k i already fired up the one i got last week and i really like the color and the shimmering light you would only need 3 lights get 6500 k's and use the actinics you have to supplement...just a suggestion but you know best just think about will i ever want SPS if you can say even maybe then go MH

jerry

ncosper

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope,
You should be just fine for most softies with VHO's however, you must consider that someday you will walk into a fish store and see a SPS that you just have to have. You'll then wish you got the halides then.

jbpig

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there was a post a few weeks back where someone did a test and posted pics of each light. i cant seem to find it did anyone save the url?

Fish Head

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jbpig
To save money in the long run it's best to plan a head. Your vho sounds fine for now. Your tank is 22 back to frount and a MH reflector is 12 wide. You should have room for the MH and you can use the vho to suplement. You nead a reflector.

jbpig

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks fh! i know i will need a reflector for the mh but i shouldnt need one for the vho's right? a friend is also telling me to go with 250w mh...but i am just clueless on what k bulb to get since i allready have the vho's.....
icon_confused.gif

playnhooky

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my metail halide lights.This picture shows how i am using two lights and right now only the left one is on to simmulate sunrise.175W 10K bulbs
tanktoday.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: