vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I LOVE my Copperband Butterflyfish, 4 to 5 inch, nice fish. i just got rid of ALL big Fishes (5-8") he stay.

Attachments

• IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 289

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
One of my favorite fish, can I have it for a day or 2?...lol. I have 3 Aiptasias that I want to get rid off.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
i prefer to stay w/me, right now , he just clean 40 Gal. (15-20 Aiptasias ) he will go back on 300 Gal. very soon.

Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I had one, it was eating at the store and when I got home I would spot feed him and he stopped eating after a week I tried everything, Mysis, black worms clams etc I he didn't make it, I want to get another one but I know they are difficult to feed,,,

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Live mussels worked for all my butterflies. Just scoop up a few fist fulls of 1/2" mussels from under the piers and keep them live in the tank. That way as the butterflies pick and eat them, there isn't a massive pollution bloom from a regular sized supermarket mussel dying off. Tiny mussels are also very soft versus tough and chewy clams.
I'm able to get most of the wild caught butterflies I catch here to adapt to aquarium life simply on mussels. After that theres a bit of training to dry food, but then my success rate drops, but I think if given enough time they would all adapt.

I don't bother with copper banded though, since of the 4 that I ever tried, only 1 of them was even trying to eat, so at best, that would be a 25% rate of success, but I didn't know about mussels at that time. Just a little bit too frustrating for me to not be able to know what condition they were in before they arrive at the shop.

Oh and as for loving my butterflies, since I raised them from tiny 1/2" size to the giant 3+" they are today, the only coral I have left are zoos and ricordieas. I guess one day, I may just swap out all my fish for stony corals again.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: