• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I should say, my rocks, glass, heater, powerheads, even algae magnet and thermometer are all covered by coralline in like 5 months after set-up. Don't know how thou.

noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
how about calcium?...coralline forms calcium carbonate (Ca(CO3)). Alk is (CO3)-2....so with out the calcium ions (Ca+2) theres no reaction.
hey if you want coralline scrapings feel free to come over and clean my glass for me...lolz

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i dont understand. people here have calcium reactors this and that and have trouble with growing coraline algae. i use seachems calcium liquid and i got coraline growing allover my rock. it just started on my powerheads. i also see it started on my front glass. very wierd...

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
i dont understand. people here have calcium reactors this and that and have trouble with growing coraline algae. i use seachems calcium liquid and i got coraline growing allover my rock. it just started on my powerheads. i also see it started on my front glass. very wierd...
Funny ,I use seachem on my selling tanks ,2 months running ,and coralline starting all over ,
main tank ,1st yr ,b-ionic ,no purple coralline ,now PM calcium reactor ,no coralline ,Only the green coralline ,got purple ,deep red ,andpink on my rocks ,but not pn the glass or the PH ,etc ,,

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
lolz Deepwater i guess its just 90% luck and 10% dosing hehehe. i looked at my PH today and my turbo snail just finished cleaning it up. it ate up the algae and crap on it but it left behind the circle spot of coraline algae. i was like wow ive neva seen that there before.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: