Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm in the market for a new Calcium Reactor for my aquarium (180+ gallons total system volume) and I wanted to hear thoughts on the Geos Reef CR612 Calcium Reactor? If anyone owns one I would appreciate hearing what your experiencing with the calcium reactor was like. Pros & Cons. That would assist in me in determining if this calcium reactor is a viable option for my system.

debbythefowler

bona-fide REEF NUT
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I just bought their Kalk reactor - one of the best, most solidly-built reactor products I've owned. I know a CALC and a KALK aren't the same, but there is something to be said about the build quality, simplicity of set up, convenience features (like the refill cap on the top and the drain-valve on the bottom. Hope this helps. (Also, I like the design of using a small pump to stir the Kalk rather than a 'propeller' type stirrer, which influenced my decision - but all said, really really impressed with the product quality all around. Have fun.

debbythefowler

bona-fide REEF NUT
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Greg,

Quick to criticize, but do you have a suggestion for this poster?? Don't take this the wrong way but my pet peeve is when people criticize without offering an alternative. What would you suggest this poster purchase instead and why?

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Debbie not quick to state my opinion. MTC makes a quality unit uses excessive co2 in my opinion . I have been in this hobby way to long tried all the latest hype and 1/2 the snake oils. I personally have my 1200 gallon system running all of Bill Wann's equipment. It works as designed and no one telling you it's the best thing on the market. I can go on for a hour or so but I would bore you. Here is a true statement. Went to the RAP show and spent hours and went to the talk from Tullio from reef bright. His talk had less than 20 people in the room I guess everyone knows about lighting. And the other half left. I might not dazzle people like Paul B bet lost plenty of dollars of poor equipment over the time. Hope this helps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: