Fgtank

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, I hope everyone and their families r ok after the storm. Those have lost tanks, homes or anything else I am truly sorry for your loses. Remember all this shall pass! While cleaning up I hit the corner of my sump, I chiped the corner and it cracked about 4 inches I cannot feel the crack on the inside or out side of the tank, do you think it will be ok to use? It is a 75 gal. Glass sump. Also when you connect a true union ball valve that is threaded to a piece of threaded PVC should I use Teflon tape on the threads? Thanks, take care everyone.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi new here wouldnt trust a crack could explode on you,and always use tape on threads to pipe connections but not on union connections as there is a gasket that prevents leaks
hope this helps
mike

Fgtank

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I was connecting a true union ball valve that is threaded to PVC that was threaded the gaskets were in the union but I was leaking from the threads.

Fgtank

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I don't think I will trust it. Thanks for the offer but I want to keep the sump at 75 gal. Would it be possible to silicone another piece of glass to the inside were the crack is?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: