elishapep

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I unfortunately went away on vacation and while I was away we lost power for almost 24 hrs .. all my fish are gone except 1 and most of my SPS are gone my lps are all ok . Pieces that I have grown for years gone fish I had for years gone .. the corals that are left have stn and are on there way out . It is just a disaster . When I came home I just sat and stared at my tank for a few hrs in disgust. So now I basically have to start over . Iam going out to buy a generator/ oh and I need new lights . Talk about a bunch in the gut .. this was more like a kick in the *****!!!!

PSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sorry for the lost.
Always plan for power failure. I use two battery backup that will give me 1.5-2hrs to rush home to start up the generator. My generator saved me twice this month. 4x this year.
If you go on vacation, have a tank sitter. Monitor the power on the apex (heartbeat) and verzion fios also send text out for power outage notification.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: