Blue Tang

Experienced Reefer
Hello All, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year. I have an id if thats ok, I think this is a cucumber of sorts , am i right? This is the first time i have seen this guy, are they ok to keep , i have not noticed any damage to corals etc. sorry about pics , a little bit hard to get him on film. Thanks in advance for any replies, Blue Tang. :?

Attachments

• DSCF0006 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0006 (Small).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 855
  • DSCF0002 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0002 (Small).jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 855
A

Anonymous

Yep, that's a cucumber. He should be fine if you have a sand bed for him to sift through.

He's harmless to your animals.

Louey

Blue Tang

Experienced Reefer
Thanks mate for your fast reply, It's great to see these little guys come out of the woodwork, Ooh and by the way two weeks before Christmas i removed Three Mantis shrimps from my tank, Jeez they must have come in the last load of live rock i got, Maybe the divers found a nest of them, lol anyway ive not seen any since then, lets hope i got them all? All the best , Blue Tang.

Attachments

• DSCF0608 [800x600].jpg
    DSCF0608 [800x600].jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 843
A

Anonymous

Blennies are cool fish.

Good thing you got the Mantis Shrimp. Hopefully, you did get them all.

Louey

Blue Tang

Experienced Reefer
Man im really getting worried about this mantis problem,i think this is number 4, GULP i just found another tonight, i was lucky, i was just checking out my tank when i saw these two little eyes peeking out of a hole in the rock. i thought no it can't be? anyway i managed to lift the rock while he was in the hole and just as i put the rock in the bucket the little buggar tried to jump out, Phew , i thought he was back in the tank, Just hope there are no more?
Cya's soon, Blue Tang.

Attachments

• DSCF0011 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0011 (Small).jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 734
  • DSCF0009 (Small).jpg
    DSCF0009 (Small).jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 733
A

Anonymous

If there are any left, I'd imagine they're pretty small or you would have seen them. Unless you're noticing obvious fatalities among your fish/inverts (i.e. hermits), I wouldn't stress about it too much. Just stay observant and, if you spot one, wait patiently for the right opportunity. I know from personal experience that the desire to get it out of the tank now makes it hard not to jump in quickly, but also that if you do so without an obvious opportunity, it makes the mantis warier and harder to catch.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: