mfs1855

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So I just received a Chinese LED I bought off Amazon. Like all of these boxes, they call them 165 watt, however they are usually 100 - 120 watts. Mine only pulls 90 watts, or 85 watts if you exclude the moonlight. That's only 1.6 watts per diode.

Has anyone else checked their MarsAqua, SBreefs, Reefbreeders, Reef Radiance or Galaxy Hydro actually wattage?

My older style (i.e. without lenses) box pulls 110 watts.

Thanks

10igghl.jpg

29f5yk0.jpg

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
3w led's are drived at 2w. If it was a 165w unit it would have 5w diodes and the board layout would be different. However I notice that the rows don't line up. Do you have a picture of the back of the fixture? That is the problem with these fixtures is they all use the same housing but the guts and some parts such as switches are different.

mfs1855

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I don't have a par meter but they are 3 watt LEDs but are being run at far less than 2 watts each. I opened the box and there are 2 70 watt drivers and 2 12 watt drivers so the power should be much higher maybe around 120-130 watts.

I'm wondering if this will be under powered for my 60g cube?

This is what the back of the box says:
RAIN Aquarium LED
Model: IT-165W

But this is just info from the manufacturer of the case, not the shop that put the board together.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: