Mayr

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam,

I agree with your intent to help someone avoid buying a tank from an inexperienced supplier. I hear horror stories every week from people who don't know what they're buying and get taken for a ride. Poor companies and poor tanks are everywhere.

Just last week the owner of an NBA team was soliciting bids for a large tank from a dealer of mine. The owner had received a bid from a manufacturer that was less than my material cost would have been. He would not listen to reason until he tried to place the order with them the next week and they were out of business. (Good thing he hadn't sent a check. I've heard those stories too.)

However, the details of manufacturing are not as simple and straightforward as you make out. Every major, reputable producer of tanks for the hobby in the U.S. produces most of their tanks with solvent. It is not a factor that should concern any consumer except in special situations involving extremely large panels.

There is enough misinformation online already. Most of it is well-intentioned, but still incorrect. I believe that you are just overly concerned about a technical detail that is non-critical in this case.

Good Luck!

Mike Blomgren
Aquarium Sales Manager
Tenecor

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: