BartMi3

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. :)
Question, if I cut a zoo in half with a razor, in the tank, not even removing it, would would it grow into two?
Is there any reason why this might be a bad idea?
thanks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BartMi3":w8lmboln said:
Hi everyone. :)
Question, if I cut a zoo in half with a razor, in the tank, not even removing it, would would it grow into two?
Is there any reason why this might be a bad idea?
thanks.

Did you use gloves?

BartMi3

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t done anything yet, I have a few attached to a large rock, I don't want to remove them.
If I just reach in and slice one straight down the middle would it grow into 2 or would the toxins that it might put off be too risky?
thanks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BartMi3":27vb0arq said:
I haven’t done anything yet, I have a few attached to a large rock, I don't want to remove them.
If I just reach in and slice one straight down the middle would it grow into 2 or would the toxins that it might put off be too risky?
thanks.

Since you have a few why don't you break the rock and superglue it somewhere else instead of cutting into the zoo. They replicate pretty fast and you shouldn't need to frag on in half. I don't know if it will make two though.

The toxin are pretty bad though.

MICHOE

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,bartmi3 I practice this propagating methode ,to palytoas and it's advantage is that the little forming clones seems to have more vigurose growing potencials ,like the adults .I cut verticaly in 4 ,and in 4-5 weeks will forms their heads .put in a plate vessel on a stone substrate ,cowered with glas ,let some hole ,submersed on thank bottom.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason to slash at all? ;) Just put some rubble rock around the colony, and in no time, you'll have many "frag rocks" to trade or sell. Zoas are weeds, albeit very pretty weeds :)

jimbo327

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Len,

How's the SPS dedicated tank coming along? This is Jimmy who tried to give you my ricordia...hehe. I started a nano now. And I have some zoo's and I won't try to slash them. Just let them grow, under the right condition, they grow pretty fast.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: