• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Since its been a while whats the latest on removing Valonia and Cyano?

I used to use Mithrax (emerald) crabs in my 58G tank but now I only have a 29 Biocube. After the crab eats the Valonia is there enough to keep the crab happy?

Never really had a cyano problem before but its starting. Had to red patches that I siphoned out and allot of the sand has a green version if that is even cyano but looks the same.

I do 5G water changes every 3 weeks. I use RO/DI water at 0 TDS. IO Salt. No other additives at all.

Contents are 2 clowns, zoas, acans, blasto, ricordea, and a trachyphyllia. ~5 astrea snails,

A

Anonymous

Kill your lights. The cyano will die off very quickly and return nutrients needed for you corraline and corals.

I have heard crabs can eat zoas when they run out of the algae.

my .02

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as far as bubble algae goes, I have had the best luck just plucking it with some long forceps, I use these and love em http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalo ... a33731d737

For the cyno you just need to increase your flow in the area, be sure the bulbs are not overdue for being changed, and keep the nutrients in check. If it keeps growing back in the same areas, increase flow in that area first. If that doesnt help and its on the sand I would recommend you to vacuum that area of the sandbed to get any built up detritus out. That should do it. Stay away from the chemical solutions, like chemiclean.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: