techhnyne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
8   2   0
does anyone here know about tank started bacteria?
looking for suggestions to help start the cycle. I will be using fresh rodi water and reef crystals salt with natures ocean live aragolyte sand. I still have not picked up any live rock. but depending on how hard it is to kick start a cycle im thinking should i go live rock or dry rock?

does something like bio-spira really work for an "instant cycle" as they say where you can instantly add fish?
if bio spira works I would probably rather go with dry rock unless I really do need the live rock then ill have to grab some

anyone please help me out

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
I started my cycle on 9/20 and I used a whole gallon of fritz zyme 9 plus special blend and nite out II, plus seachum prime, microlift xtreme, and stability.

I'm in phase 2 of the cycle but you mind as well get live rock and dry rock either way you're still gonna have to wait some time before it Cycles completely

Jayz

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cycled my tank in about 2 weeks with half live rock half dried and two bottles of fritzyme turbostart and pure ammonia I found in the dollar store lol. I'd say buy some dry rock and just wait it out.

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If you use all live rock, tank most likely wouldn't need to cycle or just go into mini cycle. If you use base rock just throw something dead in there and wait.

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
I cycled my tank in about 2 weeks with half live rock half dried and two bottles of fritzyme turbostart and pure ammonia I found in the dollar store lol. I'd say buy some dry rock and just wait it out.

Where did you buy that beloved

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
No Such thing as fast in this hobby, besides crashing fast. Even if your tank is cycled, you need to introduce livestock slowly, so the BB in tank can accustom to the bioload.

Understood, quick question I really don't want to remove the powerhead from the Bucket with the clowns and live rock in it.

What would be the purpose of removing it? It helps the bubbles get thru the water faster and the water isn't stagnant

XclusiveReef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Nothing fast happens. I started with 2 bacteria's and now still on day 28 and still not cycled. I have high Nitrites and low nitrates.

I also have someone who started ATM colony and had very high nitrites, lost 4 fish on that cycle so far.

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Nothing fast happens. I started with 2 bacteria's and now still on day 28 and still not cycled. I have high Nitrites and low nitrates.

I also have someone who started ATM colony and had very high nitrites, lost 4 fish on that cycle so far.

Understood, ordered phyoplankton and Tisbe pods, can I put in while the tank is cycling or wait till it's over ?? And will bristle worms eat all of them?

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Do not add anything esle in till cycle is complete, and at that time add live stock slowly. Don't go putting in 5 fish once your reading nitrates.

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Do not add anything esle in till cycle is complete, and at that time add live stock slowly. Don't go putting in 5 fish once your reading nitrates.

I have a 5 gallon bucket with a air stone and powerhead with 3 live rock should I take out the powerhead or keep it in the bucket ????

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a 5 gallon bucket with a air stone and powerhead with 3 live rock should I take out the powerhead or keep it in the bucket ????

You were answered mutiple times, by mutiple people, suggesting an air stone alone would do. Don't need to give the clowns a tidal wave pool. Just air stone is fine.

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
You were answered mutiple times, by mutiple people, suggesting an air stone alone would do. Don't need to give the clowns a tidal wave pool. Just air stone is fine.

Lol just making sure! And what about an air stone Under the PH to spread oxygen to aid the curing and cycle process

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: